Tuesday, August 23, 2005

In Target I Trust

Much like Clare's adoration for all things IKEA, the thought of actually going to a Target for the first time in 4 months had me going crazy when I discovered that Allison's apartment was very near one in Philadelphia. Despite the Target ad-centric issue of the last week's New Yorker, I think the closest store near me is in Brooklyn...or the Bronx. I don't want to go to the Bronx and I don't want to haul my shopping bags all the way to Queens from Brooklyn. Anyway, 2 pairs of cute (and ridiculously cheap) shoes later, I'm a very happy girl.

UPDATE**
Just came back from Times Square and there are Target billboards everywhere. I think there might be a nearby store in the future after all...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do they not have a target in NYC yet? They have every other store in the world! I can't wait to get there and eat the expensive food and cold chocolate--can't wait!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger PL Underwood said...

There used to be one in Times Square -- a temp setup. The one in Brooklyn is only 2 Q stops from Canal St. in Manhattan.

8:24 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

Really? Now that I'm about to become a Williamsburger (ite?) I'll be that much closer...

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow is NYC behind the times with the Targets or have you just not found one yet?

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How weird is it that your post on Target produced the most comments...Oh..by the way Dan...I am now less than a mile from the newest SUPER TARGET in WICHITA....LOL. Oh and I can drive! ...Your Pa

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home