Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Problem with Online Dating...

Is that it's almost too casual. After a weeklong email correspondence with a 33 year old photographer, we decided to meet up for a drink. However, yesterday he made an eleventh hour decision to bail (via email). Lame! After I emailed him back to point out how sketch and lame this was, he immediately changed his mind. You see, to me the appeal of online dating is that you don't have to put up with bullshit like this. You can pick and choose who you want to make the effort to get to know before you even meet them and so when someone plays "games" like this, it's nothing to tell them to just fuck off. Which is what I proceeded to do. I know, I'm a bitch. Whatever. As a very wise man recently told me (yesterday): You've got to maintain standards. You should only date guys who want to be with you all the time...and not some dude who just wants to see you at 4 in the morning when he's coming off a coke binge. Indeed. And for those of you who know my previous dating history--say Amen with me now! Anyway, hopefully the drink date I have tonight goes a little better...er, actually happens.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to say. That wise man must have been someone who did know you're dating history!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! Who was this wise man? I need him to talk some sense into me!

1:51 PM  
Blogger danielle said...

It was Big Daddy K...he's a fountain of knowledge...

2:45 PM  
Anonymous online dating said...

I think the choice really depends on the person. One part of me feels like I have to be the one to fish

through emails and look at profiles and go on a online

dating
that I choose because no one knows me better than I do. But another part of me would prefer an

expert to match me up with someone and possibly eliminate those people I will not connect with. Maybe

someday I will try both to see which works better.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home