Monday, August 15, 2005

It's how they suck you in

As much as I hate the corpo-publishing world (this morning there was a minor fuckup at a big sales meeting and the computers I requested for presentation use were NOT in the conference room as I was told they would be) and despite the fact that I'm a temp doing FAR more things with more responsibilities than I should have...there are some things I love about working for a big company. The first is that the bathroom is stocked with an endless supply of FREE tampons, if I should ever need them. Nice touch. Second, I just discovered that on Mondays and Wednesdays a long-haired hippie dude named Henry comes around each cubicle and asks if you need your shoes fixed. THEY HAVE AN IN-HOUSE SHOE GUY!!??! What the fuck. Very good to know, though my shoes are so cheap that when they start to fall apart that usually means they need to be thrown out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free tampons?! We don't even have a tampon machine in the restroom here. Clearly, my company has a long way to go.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home