Monday, November 06, 2006

Funniest Movie Ever?

Joe and I saw the Borat movie this past weekend and I must admit that it was quite possibly pure genius. Sasha Baron Cohen is amazing and he has ginormous balls of steel. Seriously, I read a recent review from a young movie critic who admitted that he wasn't around when Lenny Bruce changed the face of comedy, but that he felt Cohen was doing something in a very similiar vein...and I think i'm going to have to agree. The movie takes The Ali G Show segment to a whole new level that leaves you laughing in both amazement at Cohen's ballsy moves and complete disgust at the stupidity of Americans. I just can't believe he gets away with the shit that he does. Really...


ALSO:

Yesterday I ventured into the city in attempt to cheer on my friend Amanda as she ran the New York Marathon. Out of the 36,000 runners, I didn't spot her cross the finish line (no surprise there), but being there and watching the runners and everyone come out to cheer them on was a VERY New York moment. Glad I did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home